With the strong backing from our parent Seabird Exploration Plc, Green Minerals is a pioneer in offshore mining and a leader in marine minerals on the Norwegian continental shelf.
Mission: We enable the worlds drive towards electrification and digitization in a sustainable manner
How: Deep sea mining of minerals and rare earth elements (REE) key to the green transition, eliminating the huge social costs in onshore mining while reducing the environmental footprint by more than 90% and at the same time solving a strategic need for EU and USA
The team is reflective of Green Minerals growing out of our parent company Seabird Exploration Plc. The strong backing from Seabird includes an agreement on administrative and managerial resources, as well as a shared entrepreneurial energy and spirit when it comes to sharing geological and geophysical competencies across the two organizations. Green Minerals is hiring.
Green Minerals AS
- 30 years in the financial industry
- 10+ years in senior executive positions in banks in New York, London and Oslo – Alfred Berg, ABN Amro and ABG
- Founder and 4+ years as CIO of a global long/short equity hedge fund
- Chairman of Seabird
- MSc from Norwegian School of Business
- 10+ years experience from oil and gas marine and subsea operations
- PhD in Geoscience and Petroleum from NTNU Trondheim
- PhD thesis on deep-sea mining system on the NCS
- Design of full-cycle analysis frameworks for decision-making support
Øivind A Dahl-Stamnes
Green Minerals AS
- Geologist from NTH
- 36 years in Oil and Gas at Equinor and Exxon
- 15+ years in executive positions in exploration, development and production
- Vice President Troll Field, North Area Initiative and Partner Operated Assets
- Board member Seabird
Seabird Exploration, Plc.
- 20 years in shipping, offshore, and seismic industry
- 7 years in executive commercial and operational positions
- Board member Green Minerals AS
- Lawyer from the University of Bergen
Seabird exploration, Plc.
- Cand. Scient from University of Bergen
- 15+ years in Seismic Industry
- CGG, Multiwave, Seabird and researcher at University of Bergen